Recipe Servings: 4
These heavenly brownies are pure chocolate overload, featuring a fudgy center, slightly crusty top and layers of decadence. It doesn’t get better than this.
- 1 cup of salted butter
- 3 cup of dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup of cocoa powder
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 Tbsp of vanilla essence (optional)
- 3 eggs
- ⅓rd cup of flour
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- Confectioner’s sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
- In a double boiler, melt butter and chocolate until smooth.
- Add vanilla essence. Then sprinkle in the cocoa and sugar, and stir.
- Remove from heat, and allow the batter to cool for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the eggs, one at a time.
- Gently add flour until halfway incorporated and stir. Then add espresso powder.
- Pour batter into a greased 8 inch square baking tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees C.
- When the buzzer goes off, open the oven and gently shake the tin. If the brownie wobbles in the middle, it’s not quite done. Bake for another 5 minutes until the top has a shiny crust and the sides are just beginning to come away from the tin. Take out of the oven.
- Leave the brownies in the tin until completely cold. Then, cut into squares, top it off with confectioner’s sugar and dig in